Safari Ltd Authentics
Return to the Safari Ltd page
The first of the Authentics line were one of the first series made by Safari Ltd. in (before?) 1990. They were first sold either loose or as sets in clear, acrylic boxes, and later in different packaging.
The first sets were Dinosaurs(I), Jungle and Sealife. These sets were also made as erasers. Shortly after(before 1993) more wild mammals and dinosaurs were launched, and finally the farm animals and two sets of insects.
Over time the paint work, and to some degree the moulds changed more or less for several of the models.
- Safari Authentics 610004 Jungle 2)
- Safari Authentics 611304 Farm Animals
- Safari Authentics 615004 African Wild 3)
- Safari Authentics 615104 Sealife 2)
- Safari Authentics 615104 Sealife Dark
- Safari Authentics 615204 Dinosaurs I 1) 2)
- Safari Authentics 615304 Forest Creatures 2)
- Safari Authentics 615404 Rainforest Creatures
- Safari Authentics 615504 Polar/Arctic
- Safari Authentics 615704 Dinosaurs II 1)
- Safari Authentics 615804 Dinosaurs III 1)
- Safari Authentics 616004 Insects
- Safari Authentics 618604 Butterflies
1) Models were also sold as Carnegie MINI DINOS in sets of three during 2006.
2) These were sold by Schleich in 1993, still marked Safari Ltd. The Jungle set without the Polar bear and Panda.
3) Replaced 610004 ( Minus Polar Bear and Panda ) around 1994.