O&M Hausser was a German company founded by the brothers Otto and Max Hausser in 1904. They began figure production in composition in 1912. In 1925 they purchased Pfeiffer of Austria and integrated the Pfeiffer composition figures into their production under the name Tipple-Topple. They continued to produce a broader range of figures including extensive wild animal and farm lines. Composition production continued until 1969. In 1939, Hausser started experimenting with plastic and in 1955, the first polysterol plastic miniatures were made. Production of plastic animal figures started in the early sixties and continued until 1982. The company went out of business in 1983. The 70 mm (1:25 scale) plastic animal molds ended up with Preiser who still produce the figures in hollowcast plastic.